News

Healthwatch Blackpool speak to service users at Cleveleys Group Practice

Healthwatch Blackpool has published an ‘Enter and View’ report, which captures the experiences of service users at Cleveleys Group Practice.

IMG_0028

On the 23rd and 28th September 2017, Healthwatch Blackpool representatives gathered survey responses from 44 patients at Cleveleys Group Practice in Blackpool, to obtain the views of people using the service and to observe the environment.

The majority of the patients that we spoke with felt listened to, respected and understood during appointments (90%) with the rest of patients (10%) saying they felt this way ‘most of the time’.

Just over a quarter of patients (26%) told us they have difficulty getting urgent appointments and 15% of those we spoke to also said they had difficulty getting routine appointments.

Nearly everyone we spoke to (98%) found the opening times convenient. Most patients that we spoke to rate their experience of booking appointments as ‘Excellent’ (86%).

The report includes a response provided by Cleveleys Group Practice in relation to the report following the activity.

Sheralee Turner-Birchall, Chief Executive at Healthwatch Blackpool, said: “Healthwatch Blackpool contributes considerable value into the health and social care system by gathering patient and relatives input into the way services are run. This can be invaluable as sometimes seeing services from their point of view opens up real opportunities for improvement that may not have already been considered.

“Healthwatch Blackpool would like to thank Cleveleys Group Practice for their response to the report and for any actions which are put in place as a result of our findings.”

The Enter and View Report for Cleveleys Group Practice is available to read online or download on the Healthwatch Blackpool website at: https://healthwatchblackpool.co.uk/reports/read-our-reports/