Young People Influencing Mental Health Services For The Future
Mental health services for young people in Lancashire and South Cumbria are being redesigned in partnership with young people.
Over the summer of 2018, young people were asked what a great service would look like. They told us that the six key areas that needed addressing were:-
- There isn’t enough support for young people from services
- People in communities as well as professionals need more knowledge about mental health and its impact
- Waiting times are too long
- Criteria gets in the way of accessing support
- There needs to be more options for treatment
- There continues to be a negative stigma about mental health.
As part of this ongoing engagement we want to understand whether the new ‘Thrive’ model for Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health services meets young people’s needs at all times.
We would like to invite young people with lived experience of mental health issues and their families and carers to attend this event to find out more about how together we can create a service that meets their needs in the future.
Professionals are welcome to join the event at the Solaris Centre and support young people, families and carers to attend.
Free light refreshments will be provided and there is free car parking available. To find out how to get there click the link below.
To find out more contact email@example.com or telephone 07471020961 or 0300 3232100 (option 4)