As a Healthwatch Blackpool volunteer you will be given opportunities to develop new skills and acquire new experiences. Above all your work will make a difference.
There is an application process to become a Healthwatch volunteer and the process below will help you understand what to expect:
- Complete an application form and monitoring form this should be returned to email@example.com
- Your application form will then be shortlisted
- If you are successful at shortlisting you will be invited to an interview.
- After your interview, you will have to go through a disclosure and barring check (DBS) The costs are covered by Healthwatch Blackpool
- In return, we will ensure that you are properly trained and supported and given interesting things to do.
We are interested in working with as wide a range of people as possible, all ages, all health conditions and none, experience as a carer, people who have experience of the health and social care system, people who have no experience of the system and so on.
We understand that the nature of volunteering is changing and are keen to embrace the opportunities this change creates.
We can almost certainly accommodate the time commitment you are able to make. If you can make a regular long-term commitment. If you can only spare a few hours from time to time.
If you need to volunteer as part of a community service requirement for school, college or university.
We encourage applications for volunteering from people who may have limitations due to time commitments or have support needs. For more information contact Jess Wood on 01524 239107.
Download copies of the application forms and guidance below: